The Best Link Building Tools
Using the right tools can make or break your link building campaign. Read our independent link building tool reviews now and find the best tool for you.
Updated: July 2023
Link building is a key aspect of any successful SEO campaign, so naturally there are a lot of different link building tools out there to help you.
As link building is such a big area, there are tools that can help with everything from competitor link profile analysis, to finding targets, implementing outreach campaigns and much more.
Whatever you need help with, our reviews of the top link building tools will help you identify the best tool to improve your link building campaigns and ultimately increase your Domain Authority and ranking positions.
Best Link Building Tools
Our favourite: Buzzstream
A good outreach campaign is the backbone of successful link building, which makes BuzzStream an essential link building tool.
Why use link building tools?
It’s certainly possible to be successful at link building without paying for a third-party tool, but there are plenty of tools that can help you become a better, more efficient link builder.
Whether you are looking for new link building targets, new ways to automate the outreach process or a way to track your successes, there are lots of tools to help.
Although it’s possible to build links without tools, it can be very difficult to scale your link building activity without the help of a tool to help you find target websites, identify broken links, find contact email addresses, send and track outreach emails and measure the impact of your links on your SEO campaigns.
What to consider when choosing a link building tool
As there are so many tools that can help with different aspects of link building, you should first of all have a very clear understanding of exactly what help you need from a tool.
‘All in one’ SEO tools like Semrush and Ahrefs have some great link building features, but are more expensive than a lot of dedicated link building tools as they also offer a lot of other SEO tools that can help with keyword research and technical SEO.
They also do nothing to help with outreach, so if that’s an area you are looking to scale then you should look for more specialist tools.
Another thing to consider is how many people will be using the tool. Will it just be you, or do you have a team that will need access? Does the tool allow for multiple accounts or will you need to pay per user? Do you want the tool to offer features for collaboration between team members?
Best Link Building Tools
- Great platform to help with link building efficiency and productivity
- Everything you need to stay organised and build more links
- Next level prospecting for popular link building strategies and tactics
- One of the most popular SEO tools on the market
- Full suite of competitor research tools – analysing keywords and pages as well as backlinks
- Complete set of tools to grow your search traffic, research your competitors and monitor your niche
- A powerful link building outreach platform
- Full library of pre-built link building campaigns to choose from
- Automated contact finder to identify the best email addresses
HARO (Help A Reporter Out)
- Get featured in upcoming news articles, guides and blog posts
- Receive daily emails of requests from journalists and bloggers
- One of the best (free) ways to find high-authority link opportunities
- An all-in-one SEO platform with some powerful link building tools
- Use the Backlink Checker tool to run a complete backlink analysis of your competitors’ domains
- Track your existing backlinks and get notified of any changes with the Backlink Tracking Tool
- Powerful sales CRM with some great outreach tools for link building
- Email Finder and Email Verifier features identify target email addresses quickly
- Create Email Drip Campaigns to automate and perfect your outreach campaigns
- The best tool for verifying email addresses
- Automatically removes invalid email addresses from your list before they affect your deliverability rate
- Make sure your outreach emails are being received by all the major email providers
- Social media monitoring tool that can be used to find link building opportunities
- Track mentions of keywords across social media platforms to identify real-time link targets
- Set alerts and be notified of mentions of keywords, your brand name and competitors' brand names
- Great SEO toolkit for beginners with some powerful link building tools
- SERPChecker lets you analyse search results to find link opportunities and organise them by authority
- Link Miner tools helps you find new link building targets and assess them with metrics such as 'Link Strength'
- Sales engagement tool that can help with targeted outreach campaigns
- AI-powered Email Writer tool can help you write effective and compelling outreach emails
- You can also use the tool to run split-testing campaigns to hone your outreach campaigns
- Very simple service to remind you to follow up your outreach emails
- Just bcc in the special email address with the date you want to follow up, and FollowUpThen will do the rest
- For example, if you want to follow up a prospect in 2 days, add the email address firstname.lastname@example.org to the bcc line
Just Reach Out
- Helps you to reach out to journalists and secure links on high-value news websites
- Create targeted lists of journalists and influencers
- Also find broken link building and guest posting opportunities in your niche
About the Author
Luke Glassford is an SEO expert with over 15 years’ experience.
During his time working in SEO, Luke has set-up an SEO agency, worked as an in-house SEO for a major national company and managed his own successful SEO consultancy - using a lot of different SEO tools along the way!